- 1 How do I rehome my bearded dragon?
- 2 Can you rescue a bearded dragon?
- 3 How can I sell my bearded dragon?
- 4 What to do if you dont want your lizard anymore?
- 5 What do you do with a bearded dragon you don’t want?
- 6 Do you take your bearded dragon to the vet?
- 7 How long is the lifespan of a bearded dragon?
- 8 What is the best habitat for bearded dragons?
- 9 How much can I sell bearded dragons for?
- 10 How old does a bearded dragon have to be to sell?
- 11 How big are bearded dragons at PetSmart?
- 12 Will PetSmart take unwanted pets?
- 13 How do you get rid of reptiles?
- 14 Will the zoo take my turtle?
How do I rehome my bearded dragon?
You could try seeing if anyone on a reptile group wants him, or surrender him to an animal shelter or reptile rescue if you can’t find anyone responsible to take him. You could also try craigslist, but you should make sure the person buying him knows what they are doing and will treat him right.
Can you rescue a bearded dragon?
Summary. There you have it – everything you need to know about adopting a bearded dragon! Consider how your new pet will fit into your lifestyle, find a reputable rescue organization to adopt from, and make sure you have everything you need to take care of the dragon, including food.
How can I sell my bearded dragon?
TheBeardedDragon.org now allows individuals, breeders, and pet stores to list and sell their bearded dragons online. Setup is fast and easy, meaning that in just a few minutes you can have your bearded dragon listed for sale in front of anxious owners looking for the perfect beardie.
What to do if you dont want your lizard anymore?
What to Do With Unwanted Pet Amphibians and Reptiles
- Keep It. If you are at your wits end because your pet reptile is too difficult to handle, getting some advice from an expert may help.
- Return It to the Pet Store.
- Find It a New Home.
- Contact Animal Control.
- Contact Your State Fish and Wildlife Agency.
What do you do with a bearded dragon you don’t want?
Where to give away a bearded dragon?
- You can give away your bearded dragon to a local rescue or animal shelter.
- Herpetology society.
- A zoo.
- You can also post an advertisement on forums.
- Another option includes giving away your bearded dragon to a pet store (try local ones instead of chain stores)
Do you take your bearded dragon to the vet?
Bearded dragons do not require vaccinations. Like other pets, bearded dragons should be examined by a reptile-savvy veterinarian annually and have their feces tested for parasites.
How long is the lifespan of a bearded dragon?
How long do bearded dragons live? Owning a bearded dragon, or ‘beardy’, is a big commitment as they have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years, or even longer.
What is the best habitat for bearded dragons?
A perfect Bearded Dragon habitat should have:
- 75-gallon wooden or plastic tank.
- 50 watt dome-head UVA basking bulb.
- Tube shape UVB light secured underneath the mesh lid.
- Felt reptile carpet.
- Two dishes for food and water.
- Lots of plants, decor, hides and caves.
How much can I sell bearded dragons for?
Most pet stores will sell you young bearded dragons between the prices of $30-$60 and the larger (more mature) bearded dragons can cost up to $100. Generally breeders will be cheaper than buying your bearded dragon at a local store.
How old does a bearded dragon have to be to sell?
First, you should not be selling your dragons at that age or size. You can not possibly ensure it’s health and stability in 1 to 2 weeks. The earliest you should even consider selling is 4 weeks but prefereable 6-8.
How big are bearded dragons at PetSmart?
Expected Size: Bearded dragons can grow up to 24 inches (61 cm). Lifespan: Bearded dragons live approximately 10 years.
Will PetSmart take unwanted pets?
PetSmart does not take in or rehome animals of any kind as of 2021. Instead, PetSmart customers can rehome their dog, cat, or other small pets at shelters or pet rescue centers. Additionally, PetSmart will not accept the surrender of pets if they were purchased at one of its stores.
How do you get rid of reptiles?
Check here the home remedies to get rid of lizards that you can employ within your house.
- Place Onion or Garlic in Frequented Corners.
- Air Out Cabinets Regularly.
- Use Naphthalene Balls.
- Use Empty Eggshells.
- Pepper Spray.
- Dispose of open or Leftover Food.
- READ: How to apply for high security registration plate: Steps to follow.
Will the zoo take my turtle?
Unfortunately, many reptile owners assume that if they tire of their pet, or if for some reason they find they are no longer able to keep their animal, they can just take it to their local zoo and the zoo will be happy to accept it.